A smattering of information. Interesting facts, sources of pride:
- Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship in the world, and the highest rate among women.
- Israel was the first country in the world to adopt the Kimberly Process, an international standard that certifies diamonds as conflict free.
- Israel’s economy is larger than that of all its immediate neighbors combined.
- Israel is ranked number two in the world for venture capital funds, after the US.
- Israel has the highest rate in the world, per capita, of home computers.
- Some 500 million birds representing 300 species migrate across Israel twice a year.
- Israel has the largest raptor migration in the world, with hundreds of thousands of birds of prey moving from Africa, across Israel, to Asia.
- Relative to its population, Israel is the largest immigrant-absorbing nation in the world.
- Tel Aviv has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site.